Contact puzzlemix
Play free puzzles         Create free account         Instructions         Discussion forum         Log in

Show only:

Click on column headings to sort.

Brained Up, daily online brain training site
daily online brain training
Cutting-edge brain training created by Dr Gareth Moore
Think faster, better,
and improve your mental capabilities

Sudoku Xtra, written by Dr Gareth Moore
Sudoku Xtra 24
logic puzzle compendium
Printed puzzles from Dr Gareth Moore

Back to the forum

New server

12 comments (Add new comment)
Posted 4th Oct 2014 at 22:03
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
Puzzlemix has just moved to a brand new web server. This should mean a faster response and an end to the occasional delays when submitting or loading a puzzle.

If you spot any problems, please let me know!

Gareth, puzzlemix

Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 15:12
when I type in it's automatically sending me to brainedup which isn't where I want to go.
Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 15:35
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
Oops - now fixed! Thank you for letting me know! :) ( is my brain-training site)

Gareth, puzzlemix

Posted 5th Oct 2014 at 19:02
thanks :-)
Posted 11th Oct 2014 at 11:04
kocos Daily subscriber
I'm not sure it's serever related, and not sure either wether it's intended or not, but when I change between solution and pencilmarks de dynamically update clues aid switches back and forth (on for pencilmarks off for solution). Very annoying.
Posted 12th Oct 2014 at 02:22
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
It will be due to the recent change to support iOS 8, where I stopped the browser resetting the input focus after each change - this was causing the keyboard to pop-up. Now it only resets it when you press TAB.

I see you are using Firefox, but I can't reproduce this problem. Can you let me know exactly how to trigger it, and on which puzzle it happens? Are you pressing SPACE to toggle? Can you let me know the sequence of events to follow after opening a puzzle which makes it happen?

Posted 13th Oct 2014 at 09:05
Last edited by kocos 13th Oct 2014 at 18:53
kocos Daily subscriber
I've just tried it from Chorme and it seems OK. I rarely use Firefox, but I'll try to reproduce it. I've used space to toggle.

Just tried but I can't reproduce either.

Posted 13th Oct 2014 at 12:38
Last edited by Elisabeth 13th Oct 2014 at 12:38
With Kakuro 1339 I have tried several times to make a comment and each time I get the page rejecting it. Whereas with others I have been able to make a comment without difficulty. I'm on Google Chrome.
And this has worked too!!
Posted 14th Oct 2014 at 00:37
Last edited by gareth 14th Oct 2014 at 01:37
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
Hi Elisabeth,

Ah... I think I know what the problem is. It's not the puzzle, but it's rejecting use of double-quotes since I moved to the new server. If you submit your comment without any " marks I'm sure it will work!

Meanwhile, I will fix this.

Posted 14th Oct 2014 at 01:23
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
Okay, this is now fixed - thank you very much for pointing this out, Elisabeth!

Meanwhile, kocos, I will revert part of the change I made to the player which clearly did lead to an issue, so hopefully this should never happen again.

Posted 14th Oct 2014 at 01:37
gareth Administrator Daily subscriber
Hi kocos,

I have now changed the player so that it works as before once you press a keyboard key. It now detects whether you use an actual keyboard or not to configure this behaviour, in order to work around one of the (many!) bugs in iOS 8.

Therefore, please let me know if you see this problem again - but I think this will not happen again, I hope.

Gareth, puzzlemix

Posted 14th Oct 2014 at 02:26
Thanks, Gareth, it has worked, even with the " marks!:)
Add new comment